A high-level search in the Realscore app with your specialist.
Fueled by census block group technology
explore potential regions for you practice
live feedback and guidance from your specialist
Location Competition & Demographic Study – Partner
Competition Ratios and Demographics Deep Dive for a specific location or address.
Step #1 in the Location Search Process. Recommended if you do not have a region or city of interest for your new practice.
Examine high-level competition ratios and demographics to help narrow down potential areas before further moving to Step # 2, a Market Opportunity Search.
Your specialist will confirm your meeting information within 48 hours after purchase.
Be confident in your location search with a C-Series Consultation.
- A one-hour consultation with your specialist in the Realscore app.*
- Eliminate guesswork. No more time-consuming online searches using incomplete data.
- Fueled by Census Block Group Technology for the highest market precision and relevance.
*Does not include validation of practitioners.
“Using Realscore was incredibly helpful and vital to deciding where to start our business. The small investment to make the right decisions is imperative.”
– Dr. Brandon E. Cooley, DDS Cooley Smiles Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
frequently asked questions
What is Location Strategy?
Location Strategy is the #1 factor that determines the success of a practice at every stage of the practice lifecycle. It affects Strategic and Operational Plans and drives all investment, marketing, and personnel decisions.
There are many factors that Realscore considers within Location Strategy, including competition ratios and market saturation, demographics, Strategic Moves, future growth potential, and much more. Be confident in your practice location and create a lasting legacy.
What is Census Block Group Technology?
A Census Block Group (CBG) is a geographical unit used by the United States Census Bureau. It is the smallest geographical unit for which demographic data is published. Each CBG includes a population of only 600 – 3,000 people to reflect neighborhoods, natural areas, and geographical boundaries.
Realscore uses each Census Block Group (including partial CBGs) in your Search Area to calculate the competition and demographic data to bring you the most relevant and precise results.
See how Census Block Group Technology compares to Zip Codes and Concentric Circle. (Hint: There is no comparison.)
What is the realscore app?
Realscore offers access to top Location Strategy tools that were previously only available to large corporations. Realscore’s App is a proprietary online system that includes the following:
- Demographic & Business Data – Current and Five Year Forecast
- National Practitioner Database
- Census Block Group Technology
- Mapping and Drive Time Integration
- Competition Ratios analysis with REALratios
- User Drawn/Custom Search Areas Tool
- Non-Compete, Non-Licensed Data Exclusion Tool
- Practitioner/Practice/Location Management Tool
What demographic factors are included?
We obtain demographic data from a top 3rd party Demographic company that takes the raw census information, annual updates, and forecasts then package it into a format that companies can utilize. It is the same data used by everyone in the USA.
Current and five-year forecasted demographic data includes:
- Total Population
- Population by Age Range
- Population Change by Age Range
- Average Per Capita Income
- Average Household Income
- Households by Income Brackets
- Households Change by Income Brackets
- Average Household Size
- Total Households
- Total Families
- Average Family Size
- Housing Units Breakdown
- Total Housing Units Change
- Average Value of Owner-Occupied Units
- Population by Ethnicity
- Total Number of Businesses
- Total Number of Employees
- Total Sales
- Retail Data
Are practitioners within a search area validated?
Yes. We utilize the best national practitioner database possible, as well as validating the existence of practitioners using various manual and internet tools to materially ensure the accuracy of competition ratios for all practitioner types.
What is a “Pocket?”
A “Pocket” is an area derived in a Market Opportunity Search that indicates a potential market for a practice. It is normally made up of a small number of full or partial Census Block Groups. The goal is to find pockets where the competition ratios are high and include Average Household Income greater than a threshold derived from your ideal target patient.
What Reports Do I Need?
Every practitioner’s situation and goals are different. Therefore, the report recommendations will vary. In general, we recommend the following process:
- C-Series: Find a new region or city for a new practice.
- M-Series: Find new markets (or Pockets) with the best competition ratios and desired patient household income. Don’t pay for demographics before finding the best competition ratios.
- L-Series: After finding the best Pockets, get competition ratios for all practice types, and current and forecasted demographics for a specific location or address.
We’ve compiled an extensive recommendation list based on practice lifecycle and business goals.
Do you offer free sample reports?
What is the turnaround time?
All reports are PDFs that are emailed to you. Delivery time varies per product based on the complexity of the order, the density of the report location, the inclusion of premium services, and many other factors. We strive to deliver reports before the following approximate turnaround times:
L-Series: 2-3 Business Days
M-Series: 7-10 Business Days
C-Series: Teams/Zoom consulting sessions usually occur within 3-5 business days but varies based on the availability of participants.
Expedited delivery is available. Please consult with your Specialist to make arrangements.
What is the return policy?
All reports are a snapshot in time. Therefore, due to the digital nature of the reports and that the data changes frequently, returns and refunds are unavailable. However, our policy is to provide unmatched customer satisfaction. If something isn’t right, please contact us right away. Unfortunately, we have no control over the data results, so dissatisfaction with the results is out of our control.
Are reports and discussions confidential?
Yes. We understand that confidentiality is of the utmost importance and we will never disclose any discussions, conclusions, or reports to anyone without your permission.
Connect with a specialist